Thursday, February 11, 2010

Digiscrapping links

So I taught another intro to digital scrapbooking, using Photoshop Elements. I love teaching and I love digi-scrapping so it really was fun. I just remembered my idea to post the links from my hand-out and now I wish I'd thought of this early instead of wasting my time vacuuming (tee hee) because as I'm posting links, I'm finding new sites and thinking of new links to post but my time is running out!! Well, here's a drop in the bucket.

PHOTOGRAPHY
  • The Pioneer Woman: This woman is a self-taught, brilliant photographer - she explains techniques as she discovers them. Read and learn, baby. Here is a direct link to "Fresh & Colorful" ; possibly the most valuable (and yet SIMPLE!) method I've ever learned for taking my photos to a professional level. D.LISH!

ACTIONS
  • The Coffee Shop blog [insert chorus of angels here]. I'm just going to lead you to the list of actions and you will have to set some time aside to look through them, and follow her instructions for installing them. And if you love her stuff as much as I have, please donate to her site.

DIGITAL PAPERS AND KITS:
  • Search engine for free digi stuff (formerly Digifree, now is Craft Crave)
  • Two peas in a bucket Last I checked there were 74 free kits
  • Shabby Princess Two dozen good lookin' free digital kits!!
  • Gunhilde This woman is creating and giving away the exact elements that I'm looking for
  • Three Paper Peonies Her freebies are on the right side column
  • The Daily Digi Okay, you gotta spend $5 but you get a tonne of stuff from a group of designers that are featured that month - you might discover a new designer that you love.

TEMPLATES:
  • Mandagirl Her vacation set is so wonderful. If you reference her blog, you can see how she used the templates she is giving away (for free - have you noticed the theme, here?!?)
  • Simply Yin This woman inspires me - the way that she makes haphazard look so organized almost brings me to tears. She's been designing in a more linear manner, as of late, but you can also visit her store for some affordable non-linear templates.
  • Simple Scrapper Start with their database of free templates, but then check out the rest of the site, because it's a wealth of knowledge for those getting started.
There is so much more out there!!! I hope that my class inspired you to try out digital scrapbooking and I hope that these sites help you along your way.

Cheers!

1 comment:

Yin said...

Hi there Samber, wow thanks for the great mention! I just do what I love! And I also love how you do this professional SAHM! Your children are lucky to have such a super employee! :) You make it so fresh and fun and how true we all take up so many professions when we become mom. keep inspiring us!